Friday, August 6, 2010

{Google} WAVE R.I.P

So, WAVE is officially dead. Well, I'm neither surprised nor particularly disappointed. It was a good idea, but it didn't work well on mobiles-- and that, I think, is the kiss of death for such technology these days. Actually, a lot of these 'new' technologies remind me of the greatest and most innovative program ever released: Apple's Cyberdog, which was so advanced in its ambition and design that nobody has even yet quite caught up. Unfortunately it was part of Apple's and IBM's OpenDoc initiative which was (for reasons explained elsewhere) killed off by megadeath Microsoft back in c1996.

No comments:

HAROLD BUDD: go in peace

Harold Budd Back in the 70s I had a friend called Howard, who lived in Wimbledon village, and we met regularly to listen to and discuss ou...