Thursday, June 12, 2008

OpenDoc revisited

After yesterday's post I dug out some of my old software disks and went down nostalgia lane with the OpenDoc stuff. I found a MacFormat CD from April 1997 that has a lot of OpenDoc stuff on it, entitled 'Component Software'-- there's BBedit, Lexi, WAV, Dock 'Em and WebBurst along with Cyberdog and QuickDraw (who else remembers these names?). Ah, those were the days: it was System 7.5.5 and I used to come home from work, fire up my G3 Powerbook, and use the Dog to check my mail and log into the Cybie newsgroup. It was the only newsgroup I ever really went out of my way for...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

HAROLD BUDD: go in peace

Harold Budd Back in the 70s I had a friend called Howard, who lived in Wimbledon village, and we met regularly to listen to and discuss ou...